Over the counter treatment of shingles

Over the counter treatment of herpes zoster involves the use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen and naproxen.
Shingles is a skin problem that is usually caused by herpes zoster virus infection. People who have had chickenpox in the past are those who actually develop this infection. This is because the cause of chickenpox and shingles is no exception. The virus that causes chickenpox symptoms is the one who strikes again cause shingles, and is usually marked by the development of an itchy rash, usually in the chest and upper back. Blisters that form the group as a pattern is characteristic of the shingles rash. Affected area usually causes radiating pain that usually lasts until the viral infection. The infection usually goes in one months time, but what can be done more manageable pain during this time is often a cause for concern for patients of all shingles. "The answer to this question is described below:

Drugs for Shingles

Painkillers
 Over the counter pain medication for shingles are non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). Now the NSA not only help to reduce swelling, but also provide relief from pain. Also, many times painful symptoms of herpes zoster respond well to the NSA. So when it comes to combat pain and pain of shingles, go to the OTC NSAIDs can definitely serve the purpose. Although NSAIDs can block the pain, can significantly reduce the severity of pain. In order to ease pain and inflammation, NSAIDs such as ibuprofen and naproxen are useful in the treatment of shingles. Drugs such as paracetamol (for children) or aspirin are not sufficiently effective to reduce inflammation, but they are very able to overthrow the shingles pain. With regard to the dosage recommended below or choose regular strength tablets. Extra strength tablets can damage the stomach lining and cause ulcers.

Creams
 As mentioned above, the site of rash not only causes pain, but also appears inflammation. To reduce swelling, you can go to hydrocortisone creams. In addition to relieve inflammation, hydrocortisone creams are also effective for alleviating itching sensation. Therefore, if relentless itching shingles rash bothers you a lot, it's time to get hydrocortisone cream. It is one of the best anti-itch treatment of this skin problem. Application of creams containing hydrocortisone 1% is found that very effective to get relief from itching. We can use calamine lotion or cortaid Lotion (Caladryl) for shingles rash. In essence, the local corticosteroid hydrocortisone, which displays anti-inflammatory effects, so use of these creams are trying to reduce skin inflammation. Application of antiseptic agents such as benzoin may also help reduce irritation and discomfort associated with shingles. Benzoin gum offers an amazing relief from shingles. Just dab it on the blisters that burst and expect no scars from skin disease removed.

Anti histamines
 When the shingles rash develops, the body releases histamines (chemicals) in response to viral infection. The production of histamine is another reason why the skin itches. Studies show that reducing the amount of histamine production during infection may go a long way in reducing the itching sensation. This can be achieved by antihistamines and drugs that reduce the production of histamine. Histamines cause severe itching, and when the itching is not subside with the above anti-itch creams, one can use antihistamines like Zyrtec and Benadryl orally or topically, soothe itching.

Unfortunately, antiviral drugs can not be taken without medical prescription, these drugs work in most cases as to focus on underlying causes. It should be noted that over the counter treatment only relieves the symptoms of shingles. They do not help in any way to kill the virus, and therefore provides temporary relief. There have been cases in which painkillers proved ineffective in the waning symptoms. So in this case, you should immediately consult a doctor and collect oral antiviral drugs.

7 ulasan:

Unknown said...

How can I get rid of the inching of shingles

Lucas mason said...


Hello friends i am so glad to writing this article today to tell the world how Dr Okosun cured my HSV virus ,i have been detected with HSV-1 AND HSV-2 since 4 years ago, ever since then my life has been in complete bizarre and agony,i have used so many drugs that was prescribed to me by several doctors,but it didn’t cure my HSV VIRUS neither did it reduce the pain,until a certain day i was checking for solution in the internet,then miraculously came across Dr Okosun the powerful herbalist that cure numerous individuals HSV-1 AND HSV-2 INFECTION,then i contacted his emai and i explained everything to him and he prepared a cure that cure my HSV-1 AND HSV-2 disease totally after receiving his herbal medicine which i drank for four weeks, i went for different hospitals for check up to be fully sure if i were cured and to my surprise i was cured by this dr okosun so my friends viewers why wait and suffer when there is someone like Dr Okosun that can cure any disease such as, HIV/ CANCER/ HEPATITIS B VIRUS, you can contact his via:drokosun55@gmail.com or whatsapp him +2348124363791

mr job said...

i want to inform the public how i was cured of HERPES Simplex Virus by a Doctor called Dr.EBHOTA. i visited different hospital but they gave me list of drugs like Famvir, Zovirax, and Valtrex which is very expensive to treat the symptoms and never cured me. I was browsing through the Internet searching for remedy on HERPES and i saw comment of people talking about how Doctor EBHOTA cured them. I Was scared because i never believed in the Internet but i was convince to give him a try because i was having no hope of been cured of HERPES so i decided to contact him on his email, i searched his email on net and i saw a lot of people testifying about his goodness. when i contacted him he gave me hope and send a Herbal medicine to me that i took and it seriously worked for me, am a free person now without problem, my HERPES result came out negative. You can contact him on
his Email: drebhotasolution@gmail.com or whatsapp him on +2348089535482 and get all your problem solved.
1Sickness of any kind
2 Help to CURE Hepatitis B, HIV/AIDs CANCER and BIPOLAR
3 Divorce, Breakup problem and To Re-unit
4 Pregnancy problem
5 Financial problem and Job promotion
6 To get a good and rich life partner
7 To Lose your wath
8 to enlargement of pennis
9. CANCER
10. ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease)
11 Hepatitis B
12 chronic pancreatic
13 emphysema
14 COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)   

mr job said...

i want to inform the public how i was cured of HERPES Simplex Virus by a Doctor called Dr.EBHOTA. i visited different hospital but they gave me list of drugs like Famvir, Zovirax, and Valtrex which is very expensive to treat the symptoms and never cured me. I was browsing through the Internet searching for remedy on HERPES and i saw comment of people talking about how Doctor EBHOTA cured them. I Was scared because i never believed in the Internet but i was convince to give him a try because i was having no hope of been cured of HERPES so i decided to contact him on his email, i searched his email on net and i saw a lot of people testifying about his goodness. when i contacted him he gave me hope and send a Herbal medicine to me that i took and it seriously worked for me, am a free person now without problem, my HERPES result came out negative. You can contact him on
his Email: drebhotasolution@gmail.com or whatsapp him on +2348089535482 and get all your problem solved.
1Sickness of any kind
2 Help to CURE Hepatitis B, HIV/AIDs CANCER and BIPOLAR
3 Divorce, Breakup problem and To Re-unit
4 Pregnancy problem
5 Financial problem and Job promotion
6 To get a good and rich life partner
7 To Lose your wath
8 to enlargement of pennis
9. CANCER
10. ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease)
11 Hepatitis B
12 chronic pancreatic
13 emphysema
14 COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)   

Unknown said...

I’m here to testify about what Dr clem did for me. I have been suffering from (GENITAL HERPES VIRUS) disease for the past 4 years and had constant pain and inching, especially in my private part. During the first year, I had faith in God that i would be cured someday.This disease started circulating all over my body and I have been taking treatment from my doctor, few weeks ago I came across a testimony of Rose Smith on the internet testifying about a Man called Dr clem on how he cured her from 7 years HSV 2. And she also gave the email address of this man, advise anybody to contact him for help on any kind of diseases that he would be of help, so I emailed him telling him about my (HSV 2) he told me not to worry that I was going to be cured!! Well, I never doubted him I have faith he can cure me too,, Dr clem prepared and sent me Healing Oil, Soap, roots and herbs which I took. In the first one week, I started experiencing changes all over me, after four weeks of using his Roots/ Herbs, Oil and Soap, I was totally cured. no more inching , pain on me anymore as Dr clem assured me. After some time I went to my doctor to do another test behold the result came out negative. So friends my advise is if you have such disease or know anyone who suffers from it or any other disease like HPV, HBV, HIV, ALS, HBP, CANCER etc. you can contact Dr.clem for help via dr.clem55@gmail.com or whatsapp +2340968331914.

Ehis said...

Testimony about what droluyaagbi did for me. I have been suffering from (GENITAL HERPES VIRUS) disease for the past 4 years and had constant pain and inching, especially in my private part. During the first year, I had faith in God that i would be cured someday.This disease started circulating all over my body and I have been taking treatment from my doctor, few weeks ago I came across a testimony of Joy on the internet testifying about a Man called droluyaagbi on how he cured her from 7 years HSV 2. And she also gave the email address of this man, advise anybody to contact him for help on any kind of diseases that he would be of help, so I emailed him telling him about my (HSV 2) he told me not to worry that I was going to be cured!! Well, I never doubted him I have faith he can cure me too,droluyaagbi prepared and sent me Healing Oil, Soap, roots and herbs which I took. In the first one week, I started experiencing changes all over me, after four weeks of using his Roots/ Herbs, Oil and Soap, I was totally cured. no more inching , pain on me anymore as droluyaagbi assured me. After some time I went to my doctor to do another test behold the result came out negative. So brothers and sisters my advise for you.if you have such disease or know anyone who suffers from it or any other disease like HPV, HBV, HIV, ALS, HBP, CANCER etc. you can contact droluyaagbi for help via. droluyaagbi@gmail.com or whatsapp +2348117665092??

Victor Monclova said...

Using herbal natural remedy was what got me tested negative to HSV 2 after been diagnosed for 3years. I have spent so much funds on medications like acyclovir (Zovirax), Famciclovir (Famvir), and Valacyclovir (Valtrex), but it was all a waste of time and my symptoms got worse. To me It is very bad what big pharmacies are doing, why keep making humans suffer greatly just to get profits annually for medications that doesn't work.I'm glad that herbal remedies is gaining so much awareness and many people are getting off medications and activating their entire body system with natural herbal remedies and they are holistically healed totally. Quickly contact Dr Uti Agbo now, email him directly @ drutiagbo@gmail.com or Whatsapp :+2348132518973